Today on The Sales Evangelist, Donald gives three tips to consider before your first BDR role. Success doesn’t happen overnight, but using Donald’s tips will pave the path to your success as you begin your sales career.
Don’t take it personally.
- There will be times people hang up on you are simply not interested – it happens to everyone. But don’t let that unmotivate you!
- There will also be times putting yourself out there, and engaging with the prospect will be what makes the sale.
- Even if a prospect isn’t interested, recognize they’re rejecting the offer and not the salesperson.
Follow up more than you think you should.
- 80% of sales require five follow-up calls after the meeting, yet 44% of salespeople give up after one follow-up. Why is that?
- Salespeople are often afraid of how they’re presenting themselves if they contact a prospect multiple times in a row. Even worse, the salesperson might have their feelings hurt after a nonresponse.
- Avoiding these mentalities is key to developing sales. From the wise words of Donald Kelly, “follow-up, follow-up, follow-up.”
It’s important to develop a process.
- Have you ever run across another salesperson who just seems like they have everything together? You only see half the picture.
- You only see the results of their effort. You don’t see the reading, practice, and organizational work that developed their sales process.
- As a new seller, you will not have developed a refined process that works for you; that simply happens with experience and exposure.
- Malcolm Gladwell’s book “Outliers,” says you need 10,000 hours of work to be good at something.
Here’s a bonus secret:
- If you want to succeed as a BDR, talk with someone in that role who has developed their process.
- Take the time and ask them what they would do if they were in your shoes.
- They’ll probably say to listen to The Sales Evangelist, but they’ll also give helpful advice that can help launch you from point A to point B.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access your CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences from the comfort of your inbox. NetHunt helps move leads down your sales funnel and never lets a valuable prospect go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first three months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today at https://nethunt.com/tse.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes, tune in on Apple Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX.