Join us in today’s episode as Doug C. Brown and Donald Kelly talk about the best practices for finding hot B2B prospects on LinkedIn.
What are salespeople doing wrong on LinkedIn?
- Brown often sees people make prospecting an overly complex process. Why? They don’t have a clear target audience.
- To get the most value out of your LinkedIn account, target a narrow and specified audience with more personalized messages to get the best results.
- Narrowing down prospects means picking your 25-30 most ideal customers from your list of 100 potential prospects.
- After you’ve messaged those quality prospects, what’s the next step? The follow-up.
- The power of a follow-up is huge, this process has to start from the first conversation or the first connection.
- While the prospecting game changed with the birth of the Internet, the basic component is the same: relationship-building.
- Despite this, the difference between today’s buyers and sellers is the availability of information. Sellers originally could be information gatekeepers. But today, buyers can access that information with just a few quick clicks.
- The buyer no longer cares about what a seller knows. Rather, the buyer cares about their own wants and needs.
- Sellers need to build the relationship and make their prospects feel valued. If a seller doesn’t build that relationship, they decrease their chance of a conversion or close.
- The goal is to sell based on value. And by value, we mean what your prospects value.
Building the right way
- Sales is essentially the professional version of a guy trying to get out of the talking stage. You give them flowers, you open the car door, whatever builds the relationship.
- The same is true for prospecting (although maybe not quite that intense.) Your goal is to build a business relationship with them, and a main component of that is to build trust and help solve their problems by purchasing your product or service.
- When using LinkedIn, be polite. Before you start asking questions and digging for information, ask permission. You’ll have much higher answer and reply rates with this method.
- Join groups where your target audience frequents. Answer questions in the group and position yourself as a thought leader.
- Don’t be afraid to use offline methods with your follow-up! Some people are just more accessible on other channels.
“LinkedIn: Best Practices for Finding Hot B2B Prospects on LinkedIn” episode resources
Follow Doug C. Brown on LinkedIn. Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, about any sales concerns.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today → https://nethunt.com/tse
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Summary/Meta Description: Join us in today’s episode as Doug C. Brown and Donald Kelly talk about the best practices for finding hot B2B prospects on LinkedIn.