Join Donald Kelly and Jon James in this episode as they talk about how to use the ‘Ask me Anything’ strategy to land more LinkedIn appointments.
- Jon James is the CEO of Ignited Results, a digital agency specializing in leveraging LinkedIn to get more sales opportunities. They work with their clients and help them with their LinkedIn marketing to get more meetings with prospects.
The challenges on LinkedIn
- Part of the challenge is the failure of not identifying who they’re connecting to, which is the driver in terms of who you end up on a call with or having the opportunity to ask someone for a call.
- Salespeople need to start with good targeting.
- Jon James recommends having a Sales Navigator to target the types of people who can be your ideal prospects. With Sales Navigator, you can target teams or companies with a certain employee count of revenue mark.
The LinkedIn outreach process
- Before you begin the outreach, you first need to look at your profile and make sure that it’s good to go. Check out the significant areas you need to focus on – the headline message, your headshot, and your background image.
- A great headline is critical since it’s one of the top reasons that help people decide whether they’d accept your connecting request, and if they’re already connected, it will help them decide if they turn into a meeting.
- Include in your headline your professional credentials/job title, put a client-facing solution statement. A one-liner that would explain how you help clients. Then, follow it up with something personal. Your statement in your headline is your way of building rapport with the prospects before you even met them for a meeting. Structure your LinkedIn messages
- There are four things to remember when it comes to LinkedIn messaging – hook, relate, bridge, and call to action.
- Hook – mention their name and their industry.
- Relate – mention the issues they’re possibly dealing with. Don’t throw your pitch. Just relate to their problem.
- Bridge – mention your solution to them.
- The number one metric you want to judge on LinkedIn is conversation, and the conversation comes from engagement. The Ask Me Anything videos are a great way to start a conversation.
“How to use the ‘Ask Me Anything’ Strategy to Laned More LinkedIn Appointments” episode resources
Check out Jon James and follow him on LinkedIn.
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, about any sales concerns.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today → https://nethunt.com/tse
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.