LinkedIn is a platform that opens many opportunities. In this episode, Daniel Disney joins Donald Kelly as they talk about how you can use social selling to turn LinkedIn into a lead, sales, and revenue-generating machine.
- Daniel Disney released his second book called, The Ultimate LinkedIn Sales Guide: How to Use Digital and Social Selling to Turn LinkedIn into a Lead, Sales, and Revenue Generating Machine.
- The book is a comprehensive guide on LinkedIn for salespeople, sales teams, and businesses that want to get the most out of LinkedIn.
Generating leads on LinkedIn
- Everyone can play the social selling game on LinkedIn. You can create viral content, grow your audience, grow your brand, and you can end up with a ton of leads.
- The downside is that not all of these leads are good leads, they’re not your target customers, and they’re not likely going to convert.
Common mistakes salespeople make on LinkedIn
- #1: Keeping a weak profile. At least 80% of teams that Daniel has trained with have profiles that aren’t optimized. Their profiles are not customer-focused and are just poorly written CVs.
- #2: Not sharing good content. Instead of sharing valuable content, they reshare company blogs that don’t add a contribution. They are sharing weak content with their audiences.
- #3: Sending bad messages. Salespeople make the mistake of sending out terribly written sales pitches and spam messages en masse, in high quantities, in hopes that something comes back.
- Bad profile
- Bad content
- Bad messaging
- Today, the way buyers now buy has changed and the information they now have before making a purchase has changed significantly.
- Rewind 15 years ago and decision-makers didn’t have access to the internet and didn’t have access to all the information that we now have. There were no media reviews, no Google, and all these other things.
- Buyers were then at the mercy of their salesperson to provide them with the necessary information.
- Buyers today have standards and what they need from salespeople has changed significantly as well.
- Salespeople have to step up their game if they want to stay above the prospect or their customers.
Generating leads on LinkedIn
- Make your profile more customer-focused. The customers and prospects don’t want to hear about your accolades and other achievements. What they want to hear is how you’re going to help them and how you can be an agent to help them get to their goals. Make your profile fully focused on your target audience.
- There are two kinds of leads: the outbound and the inbound leads. There are things that you can do that will have people come to you and there are things you can do that will create opportunities for you to go to them.
- Start by connecting with relevant decision-makers in the industry on a regular basis, ideally about 10-20 connections every day.
- You also need to begin sharing relevant value-giving content to your audience to grow your network. Share some thought leadership pieces, share the stories of your journey, share your knowledge and experiences, and more.
- You don’t need to be an expert to be successful on Linkedin. What you need to do is be authentic and share your journey with your audience.
- Your goal is to give as much value to your content as much as possible.
The Key to LinkedIn Messaging
- The key to LinkedIn messaging is hyper-personalization. It’s not enough that their names are there nor is it enough to mention their company. If you want to get more responses on LinkedIn, you need to make a message about them.
- Do your research, read through their profile, look for their pain points, find something relevant to include in your message.
- Use video messaging to show that you really want to speak to them as well.
“LinkedIn: How to Use Social Selling to Turn your LinkedIn into a Lead, Sale, and Revenue Generating Machine!” episode resources
Follow Daniel Disney on LinkedIn. Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, about any sales concerns.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today → https://nethunt.com/tse
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Summary/Meta Description: LinkedIn is a platform that opens many opportunities. In this episode, Daniel Disney joins Donald Kelly as they talk about how you can use social selling to turn Linkedin into a lead, sales, and revenue-generating machine.
Hear more about:
- What are the common mistakes that salespeople do on LinkedIn?
- How can authenticity help you improve your LinkedIn game?
- What is the key to LinkedIn messaging?