LinkedIn is a huge platform that’s great for prospecting. The question is, once you’ve connected with a prospect, what should you do next? Join Donald Kelly and Ahmad Munawar as they talk about what you should do next once you’ve connected with the prospects.
What to do next after connecting?
- Keep pitching until they say yes.
- Even if the prospects don’t say yes, send them a contract or a payment link.
- The challenge in LinkedIn or in any other platform is to game the system. This means wanting to get everything from the platform by doing the least amount of work possible. This method, however, rarely results in any positive outcome.
- This is true for email outreach, for LinkedIn, and for advertising.
- Many salespeople and entrepreneurs see LinkedIn as an automated lead generation tool but this isn’t how LinkedIn works.
- What works in any business and in sales is relationship building. It’s not even about getting the prospects to like you, rather, it’s about getting the prospects to trust you.
- Relationship building is about conveying to the marketplace your expertise and why you’re worthy of the conversation.
- Ahmad’s coaching program uses a pipeline based on the idea that clients don’t talk to strangers unless there’s a good reason to do so. That LinkedIn connection request does not qualify as a good enough reason to guarantee a conversation.
- Our job as sellers and salespeople is to make the prospects believe that there’s something here for them to look at.
- Follow the 80-20 rule. Talk about the script, the closing pattern, and the strategies 20% of the time and spend the rest talking about the prospects’ beliefs and how they feel about the offer.
- In Ahmad’s team, they talk about the client during their sales meeting. They don’t talk about the tactics, they talk about client success. It helps their sales reps to have bulletproof confidence when they talk to prospects the next time around.
Believe in what you’re selling
- Sales reps need to believe in what they’re selling. You need to be the vehicle in which that belief can be communicated to the marketplace.
- Gone were the days where you can just be good at sales and building relationships. Today, you also need to be very strong in product knowledge.
- If you want to make money in today’s economy, you need to become the expert that your clients want to engage with.
- If the customer has a leg up on you in terms of their knowledge and understanding of the problem then they don’t need you for anything. Be the expert in the conversation.
- As a sales rep, your goal is to publish. You have a treasure trove of knowledge from all that outreach and prospecting. Use that knowledge as lead indicators. Publish your expertise and evangelize your offering into the marketplace.
“LinkedIn: Once You’ve Connected With a Prospect, Here’s What You Should Do Next” episode resources
Connect with Ahmad Munawar via LinkedIn.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today → https://nethunt.com/tse
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch the video on YouTube: