Women are doing great things in the sales industry. In this episode, Donald Kelly is joined by an amazing woman, Nadia Rashid. Listen as Nadia shares how to overcome the most common objections in B2B sales.
Nadia Rashid is the SVP of Sales for Seismic on the East Coast. She manages all the teams from the commercial mid-market all the way through enterprise and global.
- For Nadia, objections are obstacles. These are the concerns that prospective buyers convey. Objections are buyers’ concerns that salespeople need to overcome.
- The objection is almost needed in sales because it allows the buyers to do a clear assessment of what’s in the market.
- It’s also a good indicator between a good salesperson and a great salesperson. How you react to objection when it’s thrown at you shows how much experience you have.
- Nadia teaches sales reps to ask difficult questions in every call – are there any concerns? Is there any reason we shouldn’t move forward to the next step? These questions help sales reps ensure that there is a sales relationship built and that there are no surprises.
- Nadia categorizes objections in several areas, an example of which is the top of the funnel objections. These are objections during the actual sales cycle such as the lack of budget, the lack of resources, cost justification, and competing priorities.
- When there’s an objection, it’s important to take a pause. While others feel that it’s uncomfortable, this pause allows the buyers to gather their thoughts.
- Do the five-second rule for assessment.
- Nadia also asks sales reps to listen to other top sales representatives and learn from them. Oftentimes, they learn two things from these great sales reps: to actively listen and to ask a lot of open-ended questions to understand and validate the good stuff.
- Think of objections as a four-step process.
- Ensure that you’re listening.
- Always validate and ensure that your buyer/the person you’re talking to understands what you’re saying.
- Respond accurately. There’s no need to lie; if you don’t know the answer tell them honestly.
- Confirm that you’ve resolved the objection.
- An open dialogue is much more collaborative and better received.
- Come from a place of concern. You need to care about what it is that you’re solving for the prospect and how your solution is going to impact them.
- As sales reps, it’s critical to listen well and ask open-ended questions to trigger the buyers to think.
- Open-ended questions allow you to see if there is an opportunity there and see how engaged the prospects are.
“Objections: How to Overcome the Most Common Objections in B2B Sales” episode resources
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today → https://nethunt.com/tse
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch the video on YouTube: