The idea of objections is always common in sales. You can’t get away from it but how do you handle objections? How can you handle price objections in this new COVID world?
What’s your view on objections?
- Objections have always been in sales; these objections are not going anywhere.
- The real point, however, is the why. Why are you getting these objections? What are you trying to achieve?
- Sales reps need to figure out the why of the objections to be able to move around them.
- The sales process isn’t only about getting your goal which is closing the deal. It’s about slowing down and understanding the journey. It’s about determining the reason why the prospect is talking to you and why they took the initial call.
- We should remember to ask the why for every part of the sales cycle.
- It comes down to having confidence in yourself as a seller and this comes from experience in getting knocked down several times and the experience of getting those wins.
- Sales reps need to ask the difficult questions but you also need to have the knowledge behind it so that you can answer any questions that may be thrown at you.
- Aside from the confidence in yourself as a seller, you also need to have confidence in whatever you’re selling. You need to do due diligence on your part to understand the products available.
- Prospects today respect you more if you ask questions and don’t stop at the surface level. They respect you when you do all the steps in the process.
- Buyers only buy from people who are checking all the boxes and asking the right questions.
- The first step to building confidence is by giving yourself grace and it comes with time.
- Believe in yourself that this is a journey and you’re not supposed to be good at day one.
- It’s critical to take the time to invest in various self-promotions. Kristi was able to be a part of an organization that has its own sales methodologies.
- Take different pieces along the way with your own experience to build your own way of selling.
- It also helps to be part of an organization where you really believe in your products or services.
Overcoming objections in this age
- Aside from knowing the why, it’s also good to have that gut instinct.
- Use your gut instinct to judge people’s character to understand what it is they’re really saying.
- Do your research. There are a lot of companies that are doing their studies and publishing articles on how COVID has affected them. Find the things you need that will start the conversation.
- Sales is a matter of being there for your prospects and clients.
- We live in a world where there is so much content out there, we have all the advantages compared to the sellers years back.
- Do your part, sift the information available and share the ones that you know can add value to your prospects. At the end of the day, people like to be told what to do when it’s done the right way.
“Objections: How Can I Handle Price Objections In This New COVID World?” episode resources
Check out Kristi Strickland and follow her on LinkedIn.
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today → https://nethunt.com/tse
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Check out the video on YouTube:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS