Sales isn’t sales without objections. As a sales rep, how will you overcome objections? In this episode, Donald Kelly talks about the basics of sales objections.
The basics in sales objections
- An objection is defined as an expression or feeling of disapproval, an opposition or reason of disagreeing.
- From the buyer’s perspective, objections are when the buyer has disapproval or maybe they don’t agree with something.
- Common disapproval in sales training is when the potential clients say that they don’t believe that the training can help their team.
- There’s truth in that objection but sometimes, the reason may just be because you have interjected yourself into the buyer’s situation or they may be uncomfortable with the situation moving forward.
- One of the things that most people don’t like about salespeople is that they can come off as being pushy sometimes.
- When we’re being pushy, the buyers or prospects won’t be in a state where they’d be ready to listen and be interested in the products or services offered.
- Even if that product can solve their problem, at that moment, it’s not something they value.
- Salespeople need to understand that objection and why they’re getting it in the first place.
- You can’t take the objection at face value because the buyers don’t necessarily understand the value of what’s being shared with them.
- Salespeople should back down in the first objection. Instead, learn to take a step back.
- Give them a menu or options. Reach out to them and try to determine the reason for their objection.
- An objection doesn’t mean that they won’t do business with you.
- Don’t make it a lost deal right away. Find more ways to build value and show them that value. Approach all the other decision-makers in that organization too.
- The goal is to go past the objection and let them see the value of your product or service.
- Stand out from the competition by being creative and by being persistent.
- A No now doesn’t mean that it’s a No forever.
- You can check out Ciara. It’s a company that helps you figure out effective ways that your team has been using to move past objections.
“Sales Objections 101” episode resources
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today → https://nethunt.com/tse
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.