[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thesalesevangelist/TSE_1415.mp3″ background=”blurred_logo”]
Sales is a huge industry and it’s big enough for both men and women. However, the number shows that there are few women in this career. In this episode, we will talk about the reasons why we need more women in sales.
Women in Sales
- Women are the best in sales.
- There are very few women in sales then and the number hasn’t improved much over the years.
- As a woman or a salesperson in general, you need to think of what you’re selling and how your buyers are.
- There are many categories where women are the primary decision-maker and buyers.
- Companies should see the need to have a salesforce to represent who the buyers are and 50% of the buyers are women.
- This is especially true for categories where products are more female-oriented.
- Having more women in sales also promotes diversity of thoughts, thinking styles, and perspectives.
- For the last 25 years, there have been more women in sales. There are also industries where women are the dominant sellers.
- In most times, it’s up to the manager if they give women the opportunities to be out there and represent the product.
- The truth is, it’s not just about having more women in sales. It’s more about the broad scope of diversity. That includes gender and race.
What you need to be in sales
- Sales is not just about having graduated college. Sales is about understanding relationships. You don’t need to graduate with triple masters to be equipped with soft skills.
- You can be a great salesperson even when you didn’t have an MBA.
- Tiffani stumbled into selling by accident. Her mother didn’t have the most positive response the first time she told her that she wanted to get into sales. It was later on that her mother realized that everything worked out for her in the end.
- There is a gap between men’s and women’s pay. There’s also a gap of pay between language and race. If you are a manager, you need to line up your team and see if there is a gap and how much the gap is. It’s time to shore it up and decrease if not totally eradicate the gap.
- Tiffani was courageous and she followed what she believed in even when she had to give up a current position to be able to move further in her career.
- She kept stretching herself and kept learning more. Most importantly, she took the responsibility for her decisions.
- She’s now in a different part of her career. Instead of keeping moving forward, she’s now in the contribution mode. She helps others by sharing her journey.
- For beginners, it’s imperative that you understand the process, know yourself and the things you’re good at and use these things to your advantage.
“Why We Need More Women in Sales” episode resources
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today → https://nethunt.com/tse
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch the video on YouTube: