[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thesalesevangelist/TSE_1414.mp3″ background=”blurred_logo”]
Working in the sales space, Donald Kelly has met a lot of people who impacted his journey one way or another. In this episode, he talks about how women leaders have impacted his sales career.
Women in Donald’s life who made an impact
- Throughout Donald’s career, he has met several women sales leaders who guided him and helped him persevere.
- While he was doing the Accidental Seller Series in 2019, one of his first guests was his mom. While she didn’t have experience in a traditional sales role, she ran her own shop in Jamaica and that taught her valuable sales skills. Donald’s mom was a dedicated person and today, she still has that passion and drive. This mental attitude taught Donald to work hard and take advantage of the tough times. It also taught him not to give up too easily.
- Donald’s Aunt Ivy also helped him. She raised him for a while when his Mom came to the United States. He saw how hardworking and creative she was. She bought things in America and sold them back in Jamaica with a margin. She was one of the successful entrepreneurs in the community.
- The next person who helped and pushed Donald is his wife, his better half. Donald’s wife taught him to be better. She taught him to do his best and to walk the extra mile.
Women Leaders in Sales who influenced Donald
- Laurie was one of the women sales leaders who impacted Donald’s career as well. She was in a software company where most of the employees were men. Laurie, however, was able to stand on her own. She was one of those individuals who could find the problem, identify the problem, and solve it.
- Donald also worked with Lisette. She’s now with the upper management of a large tech company in South Florida. She’s able to use her problem-solving skills and ask effective questions. She’s also a great student who easily understands the clients’ needs and their pain points, and she has a great way of helping them solve their problems. She understands their business and she sounds like an insider.
Women in sales
- The Harvard Business Review reported in 2019 that the B2B sales landscape has been shifting in ways that favor women in sales. It said that 86% of women achieved quota compared to 78% of men.
- Both women and men choose the same seven capabilities but they differ in the ones they emphasize. Women emphasize connecting, shaping solutions, and collaborating with others. Men, on the other hand, relied more on improving and driving outcomes.
“How Women Leaders Have Impacted My Sales Career” episode resources
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today → https://nethunt.com/tse
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch the video on YouTube