Salespeople know that objections are a big part of sales. In this episode, Brandon Bornancin talks about how to effectively handle objections during discovery.
Objections in the discovery phase
- There are two things you need to become a millionaire: one, a massive list of everyone you need to sell to, and two: the ability to master and anticipate sales objections.
- Brandon became obsessed with sales objections and sales objection scripts. People don’t talk much about it because they’re somehow showing their weakness.
- Some salespeople believe that they shouldn’t overcome objections. Salespeople shouldn’t battle it out with prospects.
- The truth is if you have a product that would help the clients’ lives for the better, you need to learn to overcome their objections.
- Overcoming objections is very much like playing a Super Bowl championship game: you need to be prepared. You need to have all the plays, the strategies to address their objections, and you need to learn most of the possible situations.
Overcome the objections
- Brandon makes his team write objections in a Google doc because it automatically creates outlines.
- There are only fifteen typical objections and we usually just face five of these every single time.
- Write down every sales objection and write out the script to overcome every single one of them.
- The scripts can play differently every single time. All the different scripts are different plays that you can customize.
- Write the scripts for every single objection. Have them handy, memorize them, study them, rewrite them, and practice them every single day.
- Use them as much or as little as you need. Customize them in a way that would best fit a certain situation. This isn’t a one-size-fits-all kind of thing. You don’t have to use it exactly as it is; use parts of it. Slice and dice your scripts depending on the kind of objection you get.
- Your script is your roadmap. You can use it to overcome the objections and build up your value to the end of the sales journey which is the closing.
- The number one objection is: I’m not interested. This is the most common objection that you hear. If you don’t learn how to do that, then you’re failing the number one objection in all of sales calls and every sales pitch.
- When prospects say that they’re not interested, it simply means that they’re not seeing interest enough to commit their time and energy.
- When a prospect says that he/she is not interested, you need to dig in and figure out why he/she isn’t interested. It’s always important to dig in a little deeper.
- Brandon and his team created Seamless.ai for account-based selling.
- The best way to email a list is to pick a niche to reach. You can pick a persona in an industry with one pain point then write a personalized pitch to that person. You can send this pitch to the niche and when they get that email, they’d feel that it is personalized and relevant. People from the same niche typically have similar pain points. You need to address that pain point.
“Discovery: How to Effectively Handle Objections During Discovery” episode resources
Follow Brandon Bornancin on LinkedIn. You can check out Seamless.ai as well, the world’s first and only real-time search engine for B2B contact information. Read one of his books, Seven Figure Social Selling: Over 400 Pages of Proven Social Selling Scripts, Strategies, and Secrets to Increase Sales and Make More Money Today!
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today → https://nethunt.com/tse
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch the video on YouTube: