[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thesalesevangelist/TSE_1411.mp3″ background=”blurred_logo”]
We already know that the discovery meeting is an important part of the sales process. In this episode, we’ll talk about the best ways to structure your discovery calls and improve outcomes.
Structuring your Discovery Calls
- Salespeople accomplish more selling by how they structure and conduct the discovery meetings. You accomplish more by how you ask and how you pitch.
- Discovery precedes presentation. We first need to understand why we’re doing this.
- You need to get the customers comfortable with you. You have to build credibility so that the customers and potential clients are willing to talk to us.
- Salespeople are not “Yes-man” people. We need to level the playing field. We can’t go thinking that we’re winning the deals by scoring obedience points.
- It’s critical to understand the purpose of discovery.
- Salespeople have two missions:
- To produce the most value and the best outcome for the customers
- To give ourselves the best chance of winning the deal
- There’s this obedient salesperson in us that tends to break the rules if an interested client comes in. We skip the discovery meeting phase and go directly into the sales journey. But this sends out a message that you don’t care much about the discovery phase.
- It is important to own the process. Let the customers jump through some hoops. Let them know that they also need to do their part if they want to partner with you.
- Without the discovery process, you won’t know what they need and you won’t be able to tailor your presentations when you’re talking to people. You also won’t be able to understand how they make the decision.
- As salespeople, we need to understand their pain, their frustrations, and their challenges.
“Discovery: Best Ways to Structure Your Discovery Calls and Improve Outcomes” episode resources
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today → https://nethunt.com/tse
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch the video on YouTube: