For an organization to succeed, it is important for sales leaders to see the benefits of building a diverse sales team. In this episode, Donald talks about three reasons why diversity and inclusion are important.
The sales statistics
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reported in 2019 that 86% of sales managers were white and 80% of people in the sales occupation are white as well.
- Sales is a great field and a huge one. There is still so much space and room for more people.
Three reasons why diversity and inclusion are important
- It helps you understand your clients better.
- A study of the Harvard Business Review in 2013 showed that organizations with sellers who share the same ethnicity as their clientele were 152% more likely to understand their clients’ needs better.
- Putting people of the same culture and ethnicity creates a connection that would help the sales progress. Clients and prospects are more at ease and relaxed when they speak with sales reps who share their culture.
- It improves employee engagement
- A Gallup poll in 2018 shared that companies with engaged employees achieve 4x the growth of their competitors. This means that if the employees are engaged and they’re enjoying the atmosphere, they are bound to grow.
- Building connection is hard but if you have a diverse team, there is better engagement among team members and it encourages participation. Every member of the team will feel understood and will feel like they belong,
- Based on the study, organizations lose about $480 billion a year in productivity because of disengaged employees.
- Increase in market share
- The diverse sales team reports a 40% increase in their market share.
- There can be many contributing factors to this including the fact that your team can go to different communities and areas to look for people they can connect with.
- Have a good mix of people in your team and build it in a diverse way.
“Diversity: 3 Benefits of Building a Diverse Sales Team” episode resources
Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTENDED trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.