It’s not uncommon to have unresponsive prospects. In situations such as that, what is the best sales strategy for engaging unresponsive prospects?
Engaging unresponsive prospects
- Fred Freundlich is a one-call closer and while he could write a book on different strategies, he thinks that unconventional closing is not for him.
- Fred suggests for salespeople to relax and stop stressing themselves out looking for the right strategy and method.
- He uses the acronym WIIFM or What’s In It For Me. This is his magic in selling anything to anybody.
- Nobody wants to be sold but everybody wants to buy. You need to first and foremost figure out what your prospect wants.
- As salespeople, we need to stop looking at prospects as prospects; we need to start looking at them as potential friends.
- Most salespeople are educators because they need to show the prospects why the service or product is to their benefit.
- People who want what you have won’t run from you.
- Every salesperson needs to have an elevator pitch. Your elevator pitch must be something that will attract attention.
- Salespeople often make the mistake of not investing in prospecting. They invest in other things such as clothes and sales but they forget to invest in prospecting.
- If you do prospecting correctly, you will close unbelievably well.
- Remember that a decision-maker is a person. No matter how big the company you are selling to, you will still talk to the decision-maker.
- Look at the gatekeeper as the decision-maker to get past the door.
- Closing the sale doesn’t always mean that the deal is done. It may also mean other things such as being able to cut the cycle in half.
- It is very important to just be yourself and to create a plan for every meeting and every phone call.
- Always keep your elevator pitch ready to grab people’s attention.
- Find something that you have in common with the person you’re talking to on the phone. Talk about it with them to keep them in the conversation.
- The more personal you can get, the deeper rapport you are able to build.
- Fred’s mentor, Zig Ziglar, said, ‘Forget the canned presentation, go with a planned presentation.’
- In whatever sales presentation you do, always ask what’s in it for you and then put yourself in the prospects’ shoes. Think of the things that they want to hear and go from there.
“Prospecting: What’s the Best Sales Strategy for Engaging Unresponsive Prospects?” episode resources
Connect with Fred Freundlich via his website.
Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTENDED trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Watch on YouTube: