[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thesalesevangelist/TSE_1397.mp3″ background=”blurred_logo”]
As a salesperson in sales, have you asked other successful salespeople this question, “Is there magic involved in grabbing the attention of your prospects?” If yes, how did they respond? In this episode, Daniel and Eliott talk about how you can grab your prospects’ attention.
Prospecting the right way
- It’s the basics that help you win the fight and remember that you never train hard enough on the basics.
- People use their post mailbox the least while their email inbox, Facebook ad LinkedIn messenger, and their text threads ate all blown up with messages. It’s too crowded.
- Sending something to people via their mailbox is an attention-grabbing technique.
- Presenting things in a different way disrupts the regular pattern and prompts people to pay attention.
- Elliott and Daniel sent Donald their book but instead of just a book, it was their book in a box. There was a jiu-jitsu white belt in it, a note, and other information related to the book.
- The mailbox is another perfect way to create curiosity. Sending out something unique will help you stand out and grab the attention of your prospects.
- It doesn’t have to cost much but it should show how much care it took to prepare the package. It’s part of the reason why people are then obligated to see and talk to you because they know how much time it took for you to send the mail.
Grab your prospect’s attention
- If you’re trying to get attention in a crowded economy, you need to be different and you need to be doing something new. As a sales rep, you need to be bold.
- You need to take a bold approach, think outside the box, and to take a stance on what you want to try out.
- When you get a meeting with a prospect, make it your goal to geek out with them. Follow the five-point of contact rule: spend five minutes on Google, YouTube, Facebook, or LinkedIn profiles of your prospect and look for something that will allow you to genuinely geek out with them.
- It’s important to build that deep rapport. It means getting a clear picture of who they are, their interests, their attitude, their problems, and more.
- As a salesperson, try to serve the prospects and give them what they need regardless whether they know or do not know it.
- Another way to grab the attention of your customers is by creating events as it allows you to make set up your own stage
- Sales professionals don’t wait for things to come to them, they take action and make things happen.
- You want to become an expert in your field and you do that by putting great content out there and by establishing yourself as an authority on the industry that you’re focused on. Ask yourself, what else of you is out in the world?
- Sales is about service; this is the number one reason why people are coming back to you and why they’ll keep buying from you. It’s because they were served, and not just sold to.
- Develop a powerful system by creating a post-mortem after every engagement and learn the lessons well.
“Prospecting: Is There Magic Involved in Grabbing the Attention of Your Prospects?” episode resources
Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTENDED trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Watch the video on YouTube: