[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thesalesevangelist/TSE_1395.mp3″ background=”blurred_logo”]
LinkedIn is a good place to prospect. In this episode, listen and learn as Brynne Tillman and Donald talk about how to convert your LinkedIn connections into meaningful conversations.
When is LinkedIn ineffective?
- Back in the early months of 2020, people connected with others and then threw their pitch in. This was ineffective.
- Today, salespeople are so desperate that they put their pitches in their connection request message.
- Salespeople are becoming more and more desperate that they no longer know how to get other people’s attention.
- Brynne calls it pitch slapping, and it’s not a good approach because it turns people off.
- LinkedIn has become a platform where people are getting all kinds of notifications left and right.
- This approach is not only ineffective, but it’s also damaging.
- We all want to have as many conversations as possible on LinkedIn but what we don’t want to do is sell on LinkedIn.
- When connecting with people on LinkedIn, treat them, and talk to them as if they’re on the other side of the table. This is what real-life networking is all about.
- You would never walk up to a person in real life and right then and there introduce yourself and reach out. The same is true on LinkedIn.
Building LinkedIn connections the right way
- As salespeople, always remember that you need to earn the right to get a conversation. You can’t assume that they want to talk to you when they’re getting several other connections in a day.
- Connecting with them is not an agreement that they will be having a conversation with you. You need to earn the right to keep moving forward. How? Position your profile as a resource. People will look at your profile when you connect with them. They need to see that you can provide value.
- Your profile’s goal is to get people to stay. It has to do five things:
- It has to resonate with your buyer
- It has to create curiosity
- Make sure it teaches them something new
- Ensure that what they’ve learned prompts them to think differently about their current state
- Let your profile’s content lead to your solution
- Social selling is about content.
- Salespeople often make the mistake of telling people how they can help instead of just helping them. Everybody is saying that they can help.
- Top-ranked keynote speaker Michael Port said that you need to give away so much value that you’re afraid you gave too much, and then give more.
- You need to use LinkedIn in a way that you are adding value to your prospective clients. 74% of buyers choose the sales rep who adds value and insight, not the one with the lowest bid.
- Build an authentic connection and let them know that you’re going to be with them.
- Your connections are your best referrals. You can ask them if you can use the name of the people they are connected with and whom you are about to connect to.
- Export your connections and put them in a spreadsheet. Do an inventory of your existing connections and see who in the list you can have a conversation with.
“Prospecting: How to Convert Your LinkedIn Connections Into Meaningful Conversations” episode resources
Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTENDED trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Watch the video on YouTube: