Salespeople don’t play it safe at all times. You need to take risks, challenge expectations, and do big things to succeed. How do you do that? Listen as Jonathan Diaz shares his thoughts.
Increase your motivation
- Jonathan and his siblings love Kobe shoes and back in 2010, Kobe wore bright lime green shoes called The Grinch for a big Christmas game they played. Jonathan really wanted to get a pair for himself.
- Nike launched their sneaker app and they “dropped” the shoes, which meant you’d need to log in at the time they drop to enter a raffle and have a chance to buy the shoes.
- The usual response for this app is a big sorry since somebody else has been selected. It’s really rare to win it.
- Even when Jonathan knew that his chances were slim, still he tried to do what he could to win it. He reached out to his friends and family to help him. He did his best to get what he wanted.
- His wife told him that his name wasn’t picked and that he wasn’t chosen. But he didn’t stop there. He kept on until he got the shoes he wanted!
- It seemed impossible for Jonathan to get the shoes but he was motivated and he persevered. He had a vision and he put his mind to it.
- The same is true for sales: when the odds are stacked against you, you find a way to make it happen.
- If you want something, you need to do everything in your power to get it.
- Success is a combination of hard work and luck. You need to put in the effort to be rewarded.
“Motivation: Take Risks, Challenge Expectations, and Do Big Things!” episode resources
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns.
Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch on YouTube:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS