We set goals and we try to achieve them. The truth is, however, goals must meet a few requirements for them to be achievable. You need SMART sales goals. What are the smart sales goals? Let’s talk about that in this episode.
Aiming for SMART sales goals
- SMART stands for:
S – specific
M – measurable
A – attainable
R – realistic
- A goal that says, ‘I want to be successful by the end of 2021…’ is not realistic.
- When you set a goal, you need to evaluate specific elements first. Ask yourself if it is specific enough, measurable, attainable, realistic and if it is time-bound.
- Setting SMART goals is important because you can easily run out of steam if you don’t seem to be making progress.
- People move forward with vision and motivation.
- Your life has more meaning when you have something to look forward to.
- Generic goals usually aren’t accomplished.
Accomplishing your goals
- Make micro SMART goals to help you accomplish your big SMART goals.
- Use SMART goals for your team to encourage them to accomplish more. It will collectively help toward the overall vision.
- Use a chart or an excel sheet where you can record and track your goal. This will help you check your progress and give you visual support as you get closer to your goal. The little checkmarks will inspire you.
- The TSE team uses a leaderboard where performance can be tracked and that visual inspires us towards accomplishing our goals.
- Examples of SMART sales goals:
- Set 10 appointments per week.
- Have at least 95% of my appointments be accepted by the account executive over the next 10 days.
- Close 20 deals in the next month.
“Goal Setting: What are SMART Sales Goals and How Important Are They For You” episode resources
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns.
Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS