Salespeople have so many goals they are working toward it’s inevitable that there will be goal-setting mistakes made along the way. In this episode, Dr. Jason Scott Earl is going to help us avoid these mistakes.
Errors made when setting goals
- A common goal-setting mistake that’s made is trying to do too many things at once.
- What’s helpful in goal setting is the ability to focus on just one or two. This will help you prioritize your actions as you move toward accomplishing these goals.
- What leads to failure is trying to be everything to everyone. Identify your specific role.
- Focus on the one thing that you can accomplish that will improve your life financially, mentally, or spiritually.
- Make a shortlist of goals and a new list of priorities. If you’re avoiding these actions, it’s important to make changes that will get you moving in the right direction again.
- When Dr. Earl was working through his own goal-setting mistakes, his biggest problem was not setting clear expectations. He found that you couldn’t meet the objectives you weren’t clear about.
- What imaginative scenario can you create that has your back against the wall? It isn’t a comfortable feeling but it prompts you to make the serious changes that your organization needs.
- When you make a decision to change something, it puts you in a different position mentally. Things start to shift and line up.
- Don’t be afraid to face brutal facts. For example, ask yourself how you feel about 2020 and what you could have done differently.
- A whole new world is unfolding. All you need is a little bit of insight and discipline to learn many amazing things.
“Goal Setting: Top Goal-setting Mistakes Salespeople Make (and How You Can Avoid Making Them)” episode resources
Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Watch on YouTube: