[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thesalesevangelist/TSE_1382.mp3″ background=”blurred_logo”]
There can be several reasons why you’re not hitting your sales goals. Today we discuss the number 1 reason you don’t hit your goals.
Accomplishing sales goals
- With all that happened this year, many are looking forward to 2021.
- It’s always important to set your goals and make sure that you accomplish the goals. These are actual goals that you can be accountable for and that will help you become successful.
- Say goodbye to the status quo and look forward to the challenges and opportunities.
Failing your sales goals
- People fail and don’t win their goals because they aren’t really sales goals, rather, they’re wishes.
- Example of which is: I want to be successful in 2021. It’s a very wishy-washy goal.
- Make SMART goals: specific, measurable, attainable, and time-based.
- Goals should be something that you can focus on.
- Another reason why people fail is because of their lack of visuals of the goals they want to achieve. You need to paint your goals vividly. It’s important to be able to imagine your goals with closed eyes.
- The lack of emotion toward your goals can impact your ability to achieve them. We are emotional creatures and these emotions impact the decisions we make.
Planning your goals
- List as many little goals as possible and tie them toward bigger goals.
- The micro goals will help you accomplish big goals.
- Follow the specific plans you have for your little goals and set a schedule for when to do them.
- Go for constructive motivation instead of restricted motivation. Constructive motivation stems from yourself; it’s the push that’s not coming from the managers setting this quota or that.
- If you do have a quota, make sure to own it. In this way, the restrictive motivation turns into constructive motivation.
“Goal Setting: The Number 1 Reason You Don’t Hit Your Goals” episode resources
Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Watch on YouTube: