[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thesalesevangelist/TSE_1377.mp3″ background=”blurred_logo”]
Sales leaders, are members of your team really using their time to prospect and sell? How do you know if your team actually spends their time working towards closing a sale? Let’s talk about it.
Getting to know Skip Miller
Skip Miller is the author of Outbounding: Win New Customers with Outbound Sales and End the Dependence on Inbound Leads. This time last year, Skip observed that people were running short and the inbound leads were running dry. It was a problem he knew he needed to address. Salespeople thought they’d be able to hit their sales and unfortunately, they didn’t. He started to write the book to find out the best practices in good salesmanship.
Ensure that they keep prospecting and selling through best practices
- Revenue is a trailing indicator rather than a leading indicator.
- You can start measuring proactive and leading activities, as well as competencies.
- Ask your sales team to share their sales pitch, how they talk to a senior buyer and ask them to share emails they send to prospects or buyers. These frequencies all create opportunities to coach.
- Good managers are focused on frequencies and competencies. A great way to get everyone involved is to make them a challenge or game.
- Great managers are now huddling with their team to get their numbers up before the year ends.
- On Miller’s team, they make it a game. They have contests to whose email gets the best response rate and give out awards.
- It’s a dual-purpose activity. Not only do they enjoy their work but they’re improving their skill sets.
- Miller discovered that when you put people into fit teams of three to four members, the group will call out any member who isn’t doing what they should be doing.
- Good sales managers are good at disqualifying leads. They don’t allow deals to just sit in the funnel. This qualification skillset is built with guidelines. They decide when to drop a lead and leaders can only do that if they’re in constant communication with their sales reps.
- Emails that initiate curiosity get the best response. Keep that in mind when crafting the email.
“How Can You Ensure That Your Team Spends Its Time Actually Selling?” episode resources
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.