The goal for salespeople is to close more deals. In this episode, Sean Doyle talks about the secret to closing.
Sean M. Doyle is with FitzMartin, a sales first consultancy firm that helps companies with their sales, marketing, and alignment. Their approach towards marketing and sales is based on science that drives revenue for their clients while integrating sales and marketing.
The idea of a science-based framework
- Most of us love superheroes. As the last touch, salespeople can be seen as the hero for their clients.
- Most salespeople don’t want the marketing team involved because they have a different process.
- While the marketing team complains about bad leads, science has a different view. 80% of these leads should be considered to be in a cycle of consideration, preparing to change, and then retreating.
- Behavioral science is the transtheoretical theorem of behavioral change according to Prochaska & DiClemente.
- There’s more to human behavior than just awareness.
- When interviewing an ad agency, ask them to articulate what they feel is the most effective marketing approach just before closing a deal. If they fail to answer the question, move on.
- A good marketer knows how to impact a deal all the way through the process.
Looking back, Looking forward
- The book Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Stage Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward by James O. Prochaska is recommended reading. It talks about the change of behavior that is applicable to everyone who seeks to change.
- From a marketing and sales point of view, there are specific ways to help when customers want to move forward.
- When people are contemplating a purchase, they go to your website. Just because the prospects haven’t bought, it doesn’t mean they forget what they know about your company and their needs. They don’t need any more brand awareness. They need the later stage processes to help them finalize their decision.
- Marketers need to help people move from contemplation to preparation, and eventually to action.
“Looking Back/Looking Forward – The Secret To Closing More Deals” episode resources
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Watch on YouTube: