There are many things we can look forward to with direct mail. In this episode, Chelsea Martin, the co-owner of Nom’s Bake Shop, talks about how direct mail is the new email. Chelsea and her partner didn’t begin their journey with direct mail immediately but as they grew the company, they ventured into the direct mail space. This strategy became even more important as they shifted from a cookie company to a gifting company.
From a cookie company to a gifting company
- A lot of people forget about direct mail and how it’s an effective way of communicating with clients and prospects.
- The bake shop started out as a family project for their father who recently retired. It was a hobby that he could enjoy while getting a chance to interact with other people.
- The company was built with her husband, father-in-law, and sister-in-law. They started with a cookie company and expanded into a gifting company.
- Entering into the gifting industry as they created cookies that are individually packaged with the customer’s or recipient’s logo, the cookies are then mailed out in customizable gift boxes. This shift moved them into direct mailing at the same time.
The power of direct mail
- Direct mail allows them to send gifts conveniently and still make the gift meaningful.
- For companies and clients, it’s important to know the specific person you are gifting to versus blindly sending to a company and hoping that it lands in the right hands.
- To ensure that their cookies don’t go stale, they employ different campaigns to reach out to prospects/clients/recipients in order to ask about their shipping addresses and inform them a package is coming.
- They aren’t sending out emails through an automation platform. People are more receptive when there’s another human on the other end.
- Chelsea has been seeing their range and she thinks that it’s due to how warm their leads are. They also make case studies to present to their clients/prospects.
- Regardless of the marketing strategy you employ, it all comes down to who your ideal client is and where your leads are.
- In business, people generally respond positively when they’re treated warmly. There should be an underlying motivation to connect with people.
- Be authentic in your giving. People are attracted to an energy that is genuine.
“Why Direct Mail is the New Email” episode resources
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Watch on YouTube: