What is the buyer’s journey and how does understanding this concept help you improve your sales? In this episode, Christina Mautz sheds some light on its value.
Getting to know Christina Mautz
Christina is the chief marketing officer and head of sales at Moz, an SEO platform search engine optimization.
Know your ideal customers
- The biggest current problem is the abrupt changes that have happened throughout this year. As a result, we are now in a place where we are having to do things differently.
- With so many changes, it’s important to really understand your customer and meet with the people who need what you’re offering.
- It’s important to slow down instead of speeding up. Take a step back and assess if you really know who your ideal customers are.
- As sales reps, we should be building awareness and driving consideration and interest so the customer is ready to purchase.
Understand the buyer’s journey
- Since the introduction of the internet, the buyer’s journey is no longer linear. The ability to connect and talk with other people online has made the information easy to share across channels. People are now trying to find their own solutions.
- Sales reps need to understand what the clients and prospects are asking and at which part of the sales journey they’re in. They may still be in the stage where they need help understanding that there is a problem.
- Researching gives you insight into the things that your customers are trying to figure out.
- In every stage of the journey, the opportunity is in knowing what they need.
- Christina recommends mapping their journey as it helps sales reps check where their customers are at any given time.
- Think about their journey and develop content for each stage. It doesn’t have to be huge but it has to be effective and it needs to be a solution that the customer is looking for.
- Headline the content with the words that the customers are using and searching for. This is where SEO comes in.
- In this time of COVID19, businesses need to put effort into their local SEO especially for businesses with physical store locations, regardless if it’s open or not. You need to get the message out that the business continues to serve its customers and you do that via local SEO.
- Do not assume you know what’s best for your customers until you truly have empathy for what it’s like to be in their shoes.
“Meet Revenue By Understanding the Buyer’s Journey” episode resources
Connect with Christina Mautz on LinkedIn. You can also check out their company website.
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch video on YouTube:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS