Emotional intelligence is an important factor in making sales reps effective in their jobs. This includes being kind throughout your business practice. How is emotional intelligence going to further your sales revenue? Let’s find out in this episode.
Cole Baker-Bagwell has been a Yogi for 26 years and one of the first rules of Yoga is the ethical rule to do no harm. This entails practicing compassion and kindness which are powerful enough to change the perception of their experiences and other outcomes.
Emotional intelligence – Be Kind
- Many sales reps today, especially the beginners, can get caught up in product knowledge and competition. As a result, there may not default to compassion and kindness as a practice. This can hinder them from getting to a solution that is beneficial to the customer.
- Awareness and mindfulness are important but these concepts have been diluted and misinterpreted in today’s society.
- Jon Kabat-Zin’s says that mindfulness is awareness. It means paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, without judgment. We need to cultivate that awareness, the first level of emotional intelligence before you can engage.
- Developing that mindfulness makes it easier for you to show up and uphold a commitment to do no harm in every single part of your business.
- Many sales executives and sales professionals are held to a quota. When the quarter almost ends, the pressure brews, and some and may feel this pressure inside their own bodies. This pressure can be difficult to manage if there isn’t a state of mindfulness.
Choose kindness and awareness
- The pressure then prompts the sales professionals to work from a place of desperation. These feelings can increase the likelihood of missing out on awareness, of connecting thought with word and action.
- The whole idea of race is created by human beings, a pace we have chosen. Everyone is running in a race and multitasking and somehow, people forgot about collaboration, generosity, and compassion. It all boils down to the choices people make.
- Remember who you’re serving, what you’re doing, and why it matters to them.
- Business is about offering value and building relationships. It’s not limited to just reaching your quota for the quarter.
- Ask yourself these questions – what kinds of sales motions do I put in place? How do I create policies as a sales executive?
“Emotional Intelligence for Sellers: Be Kind” episode resources
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse. This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Watch the video on YouTube: