Prospecting is not an easy part of the sales process and sometimes, sales reps don’t have much luck with it. How do you change your luck for prospecting? Let’s talk about that in this episode.
Bad Luck in Prospecting
- Some sales reps just find prospecting is difficult. Donald finds that acknowledging and correcting cognitive dissonance can be helpful in amending that problem.
- When it comes to cognitive dissonance, it’s basically a thought, a theory, or an idea that can be opposed to the reality we want to achieve. You can’t have two opposing thoughts going on at the same time.
- When prospecting, a sales rep will believe that someone will, or will not, pick up the phone or answer the door. There are these two opposing forces within each salesperson.
- When a sales rep leans into a more optimistic point of view, it changes the way they perform, their demeanor, confidence, and the words they say.
- The optimists are probably the most willing to solve the clients’ problems and more willing to help other sales reps who are struggling in prospecting as well. That optimistic nature is felt by the prospect and the prospect is more likely to respond positively.
- Sales reps shouldn’t listen to their negative thoughts or to their bad wolves. Lessen “bad luck” by lessening cognitive dissonance and not feeding the more negative aspects of your mind.
Get rid of bad luck in prospecting
- Focus on the most important things. The brain doesn’t have any idea what’s real and what’s not when it comes to perceiving the truth so you need to define the reality you want your brain to follow.
- Your chances of performing better in your prospecting increase significantly when you’re feeding the right thoughts.
- Surround yourself with people who help you develop a positive outlook on prospecting.
- Become a part of the sales community that help you and look for programs to learn more about how to prospect effectively.
- Luck is the intersection of opportunity and hard work. Focus on the positive side aspects of the work and your success.
- Believe that you can do it and start thinking accordingly. Your actions will follow.
“The Real Reason Why You Are Having “Bad Luck” When Prospecting” episode resources
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch on YouTube:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS