[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thesalesevangelist/TSE_1366.mp3″ background=”blurred_logo”]
How do you grab your prospects’ attention? Sales reps all have their unique strategies and in this episode, Brandan Kane talks about his methods of capturing peoples’ attention.
Getting to know Brendan Kane
Brendan Kane is a growth strategist who helps brands, corporations, celebrities, B2B, and B2Cs stand out in saturated markets. He started out in the entertainment industry managing the digital divisions for two movie studios and realized he was an entrepreneur. That’s when he started building technology platforms and licensing them back to big media companies.
Grab your prospects’ attention
- It’s important to understand that there are over 60 billion messages sent out on digital platforms each day. It’s a noisy and saturated world. This means you’re no longer just competing against your direct competition, you’re now competing against every piece of content.
- Crafting a message is a skill. You must use hook points to grab your prospect’s attention. The first 3-5 seconds are your only windows to create that pattern interruption.
- Hook point is designed to win the first part of the conversation. There are three pillars to design hooks: Getting somebody to stop, formulating a story to maintain their attention, and doing it authentically.
- One of the biggest mistakes that people are making is saying the same things repeatedly. Create a pattern interruption and be creative.
- Brendan Kane uses subversive expectations. It’s a great way of flipping things on its head. It’s different from clickbait.
- When the interruption has been made, the next step is to maintain interest by telling a story that correlates to the interruption. This story is actually a message about how you can provide value while offering solutions for their pain points.
- Most people make the mistake of creating a story based on how they perceive the world when it should be from the prospect’s point of view.
- These days, it’s less about the content and more about the context. Most people have solid content but they don’t contextually package it in a way people listen and latch onto it.
“How to Grab Your Prospect’s Attention In 3-5 Seconds Using Hook Points” episode resources
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse. This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.