Donald didn’t believe in sales mindset training and it affected the sales process. Eventually, that belief changed. In this episode, Donald talks about how and why it changed.
Sales Mindset Training
- Teaching somebody how to prospect means you’re also teaching them how to land more deals.
- Donald went through a program called Thought Pattern for High Performance on CTV. It helped him understand that there’s more to a sales mindset than just the idea of a pep rally or giving somebody a quote.
- Sales mindset is more about behavioral changes. It’s about making positive changes and looking at things you can control.
- The pandemic has affected the mindset of many people and some of the changes haven’t been for the better. There is a need to regulate our thinking and look at our behaviors.
- Underperforming salespeople would say that they don’t have time for prospecting because they’ve been busy doing other things. Top performing salespeople, on the other hand, are prospecting consistently.
- Underperforming sales reps have excuses while top-performing sales reps have successes.
- Thoughts and desire lead to our beliefs and our belief leads to action.
- Top-performing sales reps have the belief or the desire to succeed. This belief system leads them to action and as a result, they find people to help.
- Don’t stop learning and keep validating your beliefs. Teach yourself to make it a habit to have good beliefs that lead to great actions.
- An individual must change his/her belief to change the pattern of what he/she is doing.
- Sales leaders need to be aware of what their sales reps believe before they can help them improve their skills in prospecting.
- Use tools like Pipedrive and Wingman. These tools, however, won’t help you if you don’t change your mindset first.
“Sales Mindset Training is a Joke” episode resources
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch on YouTube:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS