Getting to know Scott Roy and Roy Whitten
Scott Roy is the co-founder and CEO of the Whitten & Roy Partnership. It’s a sales consultancy that works with organizations to transform their sales performance. They work with 45 countries in the B2C and B2B markets.
Roy Whitten has been friends with Scott Roy for many years and they’ve journeyed through their sales careers together. Roy started in door-to-door selling but later on, transitioned into applying transformational work to B2B and B2C companies. He used his education and works in transformative learning to coach and train more than 100,000 people.
Managing attitude to increase sales
- The issue is that when sales are going well, the attitude is great. When the sales aren’t going well, the attitude takes a downturn.
- As a sales leader, Scott is looking for ways to help his team manage their attitude and drastically increase sales.
- Managing attitude is more than just a causative attitude. It’s maintaining a purposeful attitude. It means having the ability to stay on track and see how things are going to work out positively.
- The first part of managing attitude is by getting a clear picture of what the purpose is for your selling activity and conversations. The second part is no longer being a victim of circumstances and taking control of the process instead of being affected by the situation.
- Scott volunteered in Cambodia and he discovered that the fundamental belief in selling is shared by many people whether they’re from a developing country or in the U.S: That selling is about pitching, convincing, and sometimes, pressuring people to make a decision.
- Decision intelligence can help salespeople to become so much more effective than the pitch, convince, and persuade strategy. This means being committed to helping clients make the best possible decision.
Drastically increase sales with these 4 steps
- Step one: Find a problem, stay on the problem, and not get off the problem until it’s solved. It’s about taking the customer through the journey of discovering their pain point and helping them identify the causes in order to eventually come up with a solution.
- Step two: Know the impact of these problems on the company, employees, the brand, and additional touchpoints.
- Step three: It’s all about the solution. It’s how the products or services meet the problems in a way that the problems are solved.
- Step four: Calculate the return on investments and make sure that what you’re spending is worth it.
- R = A+C+E. The result is based on three things: The attitude you bring to every moment of the conversation. C is the competence you have in how well you are able to get your customers to explore the problem. E is effort or execution as you do the activities at the right time to effectively sell.
- Approach the customers with a problem proposition, not with what you can do for them.
“The Best Way to Manage Attitude and Drastically Increase Sales” episode resources
Reach out to Scott and Roy via their LinkedIn accounts. You can also visit their official website to learn more.
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse. This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder wrote by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch on YouTube:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS