Getting to know Shruti Kapoor
Today’s guest is Shruti Kapoor the co-founder of Wingman, a company that looks at the call data to provide overall analytics to sales leaders and sales teams. She started her career in finance a decade ago as an investment banker and from there, went on to build the business she has today.
Analyzing B2B sales calls
- Since the pandemic, Shruti has learned three things: First, there is a big dip in call volume since March but the number is slowly going up. Second, some businesses froze for a time but it’s slowly going back. People have other reasons for not buying and it’s not just due to budget. Third, people love to talk about their kids so salespeople need to incorporate that into their discussions.
- During March, phone calls dropped to almost half. There is also a significant dip in the types of phone calls.
- Sales cycles are much longer with many more touchpoints due to the pandemic and people being remote.
- With the changes in call volumes, sales reps must look for other avenues. Shruti’s team uses voice calls and voice messages for their outreach.
- Salespeople today are curious whether it’s okay to talk about the pandemic, working from home, internet issues, and other topics, with their clients/prospects during a call.
- People are struggling with their budgets. Sales reps must listen to how their prospects are speaking of the budget during the conversation.
- A sales rep can ask their prospect/client about the decision-makers involved in the process early on. It is better to have someone from the finance team involved in the conversation.
- Sales reps need to develop more empathy as they talk to clients. People seem to be more open about sharing their struggles and salespeople need to be able to navigate sensitive topics.
“3 Things We Learned Analyzing More Than 1 Million B2B Sales Calls” episode resources
Connect with Shruti Kapoor via her LinkedIn account.
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse. This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules for free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077.
This episode is also partly brought to you by Wingman. Wingman uses AI-software to empower remote sales teams with conversation intelligence, actionable insights on successful playbooks, and delivers real-time coaching.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch on YouTube:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS