It’s NOT about you! This is one of the most important things to remember when selling. Often times we’re determined to sell a new product or service to our customers because it’s the latest push, however, what we neglect to analyze is “What problem will this solve for my customer?”
The last thing your customer wants is to spend money on something else they don’t need. Even if they are an existing customer, what they are looking for is to help fix things in their business.
Instead of, “How many of these products can I sell to my existing customers?”, start asking, “What problem will this solve for my customer?”
- Review your product and write down a list of problems you know it solves for your customers. Sometimes we try to put a round peg in a square hole. This will help you articulate your message as you get on the phone.
- This will help you with your scripting as you speak with customers. You will be able to guide them down the right path.
- When you understand their true problems, you will be better able to ask meaningful questions. As a seller, this will make you look more professional to the buyer and as someone they can trust.
- The needs of individuals within a company will differ significantly. As a sales professional, it’s your job to know what those needs are and how to help.
- Think more about the needs of your customers over yourself.
Check out TSE Hustler’s League
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS