Today’s guest is social media queen, Corinna Essa. Starting out as an informational marketer, she sells informational web courses. Realizing the need for implementing social media strategies, she and her husband finally created Social Media Worldwide, a social media marketing agency where they help businesses leverage the power of social media minus the legwork through outsourcing social media management, marketing, and lead generation.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Corinna:
Strategies for making profits from being on social media:
- Remain educated and updated.
Social media changes all the time. Subscribe to newsletters.
- Keep testing different things.
What works for one business might not necessarily work for another business. If you can’t be consistent in doing something, delegate it to someone else who can do it consistently.
How to find the best social media platform:
- B2B companies benefit more for being on LinkedIn or Twitter
- Study the demographics of each social media platform to check out which audience matches your audience
Strategies for lead generation through social media:
- Do not sell traffic directly to a sales page.
- Generate leads through free industry reports (giveaways, free consultation, free demos)
- Always give away free things.
- Enable social sharing on your free report.
Tips for making great free reports:
- It should be easily digestible.
- 4-5 paged report of 1-page cheat sheet
- It should be easy to read.
- Present basic, step-by-step systems
- Don’t over-complicate things by using jargon.
- Put call-to-actions in the free giveaway not just at the end but even within the content
When to call or email leads:
- Conversion rate is high when you call immediately after the lead gives out their contact information.
- Calling or sending an email depends on the business.
- Some people don’t like to be called which can lower your conversion rate.
3 biggest mistakes people make with using social media for lead generation:
- Lack of strategic planning
- Delegating social media to the wrong people
How to gain more followers/fans and convert them into leads:
- Give free giveaways.
- Combine advertising with quality, UNIQUE content (not curated)
- Hit the 1,000-mark of fans and followers. Once you reach around a thousand followers then you can benefit from organic growth.
Strategies for business owners to grow their business through social media:
- Create a blog and update it once a week.
- Redirect traffic to their blog using social networks.
- Create unique content with videos and blogs.
- Use social networks to advertise and promote the videos on the blogs.
- Put calls-to-actions regularly on a blog post.