As part of the sales process, you can expect objections from everyone you’re speaking with, including your prospects. Join us in this episode as Donald Kelly and Matthew Pollard answer the question, how can you prepare for your prospect’s most likely objections?
- Matthew Pollard’s first book was entitled, The Introvert’s Edge: How the Quiet and Shy Can Outsell Anyone. It focused on selling as an introvert.
- His most recent book is entitled, The Introvert’s Edge to Networking: Work the Room. Leverage Social Media. Develop Powerful Connections is a sequel to the previous book, and it’s focused on how introverts can out-network their extrovert counterparts. Many believe that extroverts have an advantage over introverts, but Matthew believes that this thought is just in peoples’ heads. The truth is, there’s no disadvantage. It’s just that the path to success for introverts and extroverts is different.
What is networking?
- Networking is about fostering long-term relationships with champions and momentum partners. They are the people who sing your praises and have high-level credibility. They are the people who share your work beyond the networks you currently have.
Preparing for objections
- A system is an external process and if something goes wrong, it’s not a personal attack on you. It’s just that there’s a part of the system that broke and you need to fix it.
- Introverts need to realize that externalizing and having a structured system in networking sales allows them to treat each objection, not as a personal attack.
- Introverts also need to have a plan and a structure of what they want to say instead of getting stuck in their heads for thinking of what to say and ending up not articulating the best version of themselves.
- Focus on receiving objections. Introverts often get stuck in their heads when they get an objection and then they end up not knowing what to say.
- Objection handling cushion is a way for extroverts to emotionally regulate and for introverts to work out what they say.
- Select a story to tell. It’s critical that you know the three major problems of your prospects and to have one story for each of these major objections. So, think of the three major objections and the three major stories.
- You can embellish your story to make it more interesting. Try to improve it every time you retell it.
- People remember 22x more information when embedded into a story.
- For introverts, it activates the reticular activating system of their brain and creates an artificial rapport with the customers.
- Tell a story that is well-rehearsed and well-practiced. Introverts don’t believe that they can do it so they don’t gravitate toward it right away.
- The people who make plans and make the right preparations are the ones who succeed. It’s not about being introverted or extroverted. It’s about doing the right preparation.
“Objections: How Can You Prepare for Your Prospect’s Most Likely Objections?” episode resources
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? The pain of sales reps continually reaching out with phone calls and emails and not receiving a response is real.
85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation. All text messaging is not equal. Customers respond to people, NOT BOTS. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in conversions. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access all the CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences right from your inbox. NetHunt helps to move your leads down your sales funnel and never let the valuable prospects go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first 3 months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. “We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder, written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.
Watch this on YouTube: