Well, our awesome guests today will certainly prove just the opposite of that. Adam Tuttle and Jay Quiles from ActiveCampaign are going to bring us tons of knowledge on how we can use emails to better effectively sell and reach our customers and grow our businesses. Because friends, EMAIL is still so much ALIVE!
ActiveCampaign offers a user-friendly, small-medium sized email marketing automation platform that creates intelligent and intuitive types of sequences for their clients’ customers as they go from being prospective customers to paid customers.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Adam and Jay:
Why is email marketing still important in business development and sales?
- Communication channel
Email is a primetime communication channel to get in touch with your customers.
- Relationship building
It allows great touch points with people (continued engagement with your customer base) for long-term relationships.
- Personal service
People want you to keep it real and email can help you do that. Sending personalized emails can go a long away.
Why email still works!
It provides value to the readers. Even if it’s not selling something, it still educates readers.
You can reach out to customers in a cost-effective way.
What Content Should You Provide for Your Customers?
- Content should be value-adding.
Sure you’re selling, but make sure your content is educational and prove why you’re worth it. Even if you’re not selling, bring something that is beneficial to the reader. Just provide value. Then people will want to come back to you because you become a trusted resource of information.
- Present a clear call to action
Make it clear how they can do it. There should be a purpose behind every email you send. Before you even compose your email, define the purpose of your email first.
- Spread yourself in different channels.
Send out videos or link to videos to hit the different types of customers that you have.
- Create an effective subject line.
Your subject line must be based on the purpose of your email. It must lead to the end goal of the email.
How to get started with email marketing:
- Set a goal.
Create a contact list inside your email provider. Figure out how to gain more contacts.
- Define what you want to accomplish.
Figure out why you’re doing what you’re doing, why you’re using this tool and what you want it to accomplish for you.
How to grow your contact list:
- Be willing to use different mediums
ex. subscription forms, landing pages, sweepstakes, etc.
- Look into what technologies are out there and do not settle with one.
- Evaluate periodically what new technologies are out there.
What is marketing automation?
It refers to a sequence of events that your customers are going to go through from being a prospective customer to becoming a paid customer.
Things to keep in mind with marketing automation:
- Know your customer.
- Understand their journey from the first time they visit your site to signing up to your newsletter
- Focus on the experience your customers are going to go through and cater to them.
- Audit the quality and quantity of the emails you’re sending them.
Changes in the email marketing world today:
- Personalized content
- Changes are more about the quality than the quantity
- Emails are sent to the right people based on the triggers that you define.
Adam and Jay’s Major Takeaways:
- Keep the quality over the quantity.
- Go through an internal audit and check on the emails being sent out.
Current projects they’re working on:
- New email designer! (with automation functionality)
- CRM Round 2 development