One of the most important skills that ANY sales professional needs to master is the ability to effectively ask questions. From being able to connect with folks on a personal level to understanding what challenges they are facing. A successful seller MUST master the art of properly asking questions.
During this episode I had the pleasure of interviewing Deb Calvert and discussing principles from her book DISCOVER Questions™. Here are some of the major take aways from her book:
- The right questions can help the prospect discover value for themselves
- DISCOVER Questions™ also allow the seller to be more human
- When asking questions, don’t ask manipulating questions seeking to back someone into a corner or hit them with a “gotcha”
- Ask questions that will stimulate the mind of the prospect so they can really THINK for themselves
- Before your call or a visit with a prospect, know what you need to learn from them and ask questions with a purpose
Learn more about Deb’s book at Peoplefirstps.com: Click Here To Get A Discounted Price on Deb’s Book!