During this episode I connected with Dan Miller and had a discussion around sales and helping others find what they love! Dan is the author of the New York Times best selling, “No More Dreaded Mondays” and “Wisdom meets Passion”. He has been a guest on CBS The Early Show, MSNBC’s Hardball with Chris Mathews, Moody MidDay Connection, and the Dave Ramsey Show. Over 130,000 people have subscribed to his weekly newsletter. His 48 Days Podcast consistently ranks in the top 3 under Careers on iTunes, and the 48Days.net business community is viewed as an example around the world for those seeking to find – or create – the work they love.
Four important components of Dan’s sales process:
1. Building trust and rapport is important because people buy from those who they KNOW, LIKE and TRUST. Dan said that this is about 40% of the sales process.
2. Identifying the proper NEEDS is about 30% of the sales process.
3. Product knowledge and presentation is about 20% of the sales process.
4. Gaining commitment is 10% of the process because if you do the other 3 steps, this will be easy.
Major take aways:
- Dan also comments that the four important components of the sales process works online and offline. Build rapport with folks and they will love you and buy from you.
- Don’t be afraid of giving things away for free. Dan believes in the law of the harvest that if he gives out information for free, it will come back to him later. He said that he probably gives away 95% of his information for free and then charges for only 5% of his information.
- Take action and don’t just plan. It is important for us to ACT!
- With proper sales skills, you can always land on your feet! Sales is important for any organization.
- It is never too late to make a new beginning. You can and should do what you LOVE!
Connect with Dan Miller
10 Anniversary Edition of “48 Days To The Work You Love” is set to launch in 2015.
Dan’s Coach Mastery Program
48days.net (Networking Community of 14,000 others trying to make a difference in their lives)