This episode is one of the short, sweet segments where I’m interviewing sales professionals just like you and me – sellers, entrepreneurs, and people – as they share with us a specific sales challenge, why they had such a challenge, how they overcame that challenge, and the results they saw from what they applied to fix the challenge.
In today’s show, I connected with Mike Romero whom I met at a LinkedIn group. Working at a staffing company based in Southern California, Mike has found a great strategy to get to his clients in an easier and more personal way than just a straight up cold call – getting past the gatekeeper.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Mike:
One of Mike’s biggest challenges: Gaining the attention of prospects
How he overcame the challenge:
- The 3-step quick touch to your client
- Create a relationship with the gatekeepers (ex. receptionists)
- Research to look for prospects
- Google the company and search them on LinkedIn
- Proprietary software you used before in your company to look through summaries and history of company.
- 1. Phone – as the first point of contact
- 2. Voicemail – make sure it’s impactful
- 3. Email – as your follow up
Think out of the box. Bring them coffee or a cold drink. Stop by on their birthday with a balloon and a gift. Take them to a themed treat. Make it fun. Make their day.
Mike’s Major Takeaways:
Just try. You have nothing to lose. Get creative. You have nothing to lose by being bold and trying out something new. Do something that stands out and kicks. Don’t take any point of contact for granted.
Get in touch with Mike Romero on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/mikeromero101 and on Twitter @MikeRomero101