Years ago, Ray Higdon decided to go the entrepreneur way. He got sick of working for someone else and spending more time with pictures of his kids than the real thing. So he transitioned from working to creating his own business, experiencing market crash and being left with none, and finally standing up, overcoming his fear and being able to recover and create a flourishing, multimillion dollar online home-based business – all because he was able to overcome his fear, stop procrastinating and started to create a vision of who he wanted to become.
In this episode, you will learn not only about the value of having a vision but also about how to overcome fear and procrastination as well as tapping into critical elements to success.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Ray:
Ray’s entrepreneurial path:
- Leaving his high salary job and getting into a real estate business
- Market crashed and he wasn’t equipped to adapt and ended up losing every dime
- Getting into home based business and turning it into a multimillion dollar generator
Overcoming fear and procrastination: The linchpin to a new life
His morning routine:
- Reading his affirmations
- Doing the hot-cold routine: Getting into a hot tub and plunging into cold water.
- Using incantations everyday: Earn the towel!
Creating incantations as a psychological trigger: Swing the bat!
Tips for overcoming fear:
- Having a daily routine.
- Being consistent.
How do you become consistent?
- Creating a vision of who you want to become.
- Holding on to the vision of that entity.
- How this is different from your WHY
Creating a vision of who you want to become:
- What does that look like?
- What do people say about you?
- How are you seen in your profession, employment, and among your sales people?
- How do people view you?
- How do you view yourself?
- Who do you want to become?
How to develop your own vision:
- Ray Higdon’s Vision
- Simon Sinek’s great TED Talk, Start With Why: Ray thinks he falsely calls it WHY
- Steve Jobs as a visionary
- If you had a magic wand, who would you be?
2 critical elements to success that people should tap into:
An example of Ray’s who has implemented what he’s talking about:
- Quitting a job and getting to a point he’s making over $10,000 per day
- Traveled and sent Ray a picture: a note from his wife about how much she loves him
Moral of the story: From wherever you are, with whatever circumstances you have, with whatever battles you’re fighting, you can create a perfect life. You can have it all! You got to believe that you can have it all. You got to do the work to go get it all. And create a vision of who you want to become and you can make it happen.
Current projects Ray is working on:
- Marketing mastermind workshop in January 2015 in Southwest Florida
- Group coaching
- Upcoming newsletter
Check out Ray’s Workshop on Overcoming Fear and Procrastination.
Ray’s Major Takeaways:
“Hell exists in your mind. What you need to understand is you don’t feel pain on the field. You feel pain in your mind… before you pick up that phone, you feel the rejection and it sucks…. people on the field don’t have time to feel that pain. So you can struck that pain in your head.”
“The ability to say woe is me shows the abundance of inactivity… if you’re able to feel the pain, then you’re simply not active enough.”
“Get into action and you’ll replace all that non-producing time in your head with things that will get you results.”