Fret not. Let’s tackle this confidence issue one more time…
One of the main reasons why people leave companies is that lack of confidence.
Confidence is the belief you have about yourself which is tied to the way you think, perceive, believe or feel for something. However, sometimes, people leave companies and it all boils down to one thing – Do you have confidence in any of these areas?
- In your company
- In your ability
- In your product
- Have confidence in yourself.
Be confident in your ability to deliver value and to go out there, sell, and let them hear you roar! Your are important. You are key. You can deliver value.
- Have confidence in your managers or the company.
If you lose confidence in your company or your managers.
- Have confidence in your product.
If you don’t believe in your product, you can’t sell it.
Try out this confidence test:
Do you have confidence in your ability to sell?
Do you have confidence in the product?
- What kind of value do you see this product bring to customers?
- Have you seen it bring value to customers before? Who was it? How did it bring value to them?
Do you have confidence and belief in your leadership?
- Do you have confidence in the company moving forward?
If you see any weakness in any of these areas…
Get yourself a tune up and sharpen your sword or your tool and look for other opportunities that allow you to build up that confidence.
If you have confidence in what you’re saying…
They feel it and know it.
People can’t take away someone’s personal testimony of something!
So help them feel that.
- Ask them proper questions to help them see that they need to investigate this as well.
- Make it happen. You need to make them believe that your product can help them.
- Make them believe not just in the company or the product, but also in you as a seller.
Things you can do to build your own confidence:
- Test out your product.
Live your product and apply it. Go read your company’s mission statement. Ask your superiors what their vision is.
- Tell yourself in the mirror everyday that you have something of value.
You have something of worth and you need to share it. You have something the world needs to learn about and you need to share it.
The more you’re prepared, the more confident you’re going to be.