As a new seller, one of the biggest challenges that I faced was the fear of saying “no” to prospects or clients. Why? I thought if I said no to any questions that they ask, I would disappoint them and eventually turn them away. Have you ever felt the same way? Well, in this episode I share my experience with this challenge, how I overcame it and why you should say “no” even more.
Here are some of the major take aways from our discussion:
- Saying “no” will make you different from every other seller who are a “yes men/women”.
- It is important to be honest with your prospects. Don’t get in the habit of taking on projects that are not a fit for your business, you will waste time and money.
- Saying “no” to things that are not for your organization allows you to focus more on those that are a fit for your business.
- Being honest is important.
- When you say no to a prospect they will respect you more because you were upfront with them unlike the stigma that they may have had about what a sales person is like.
- Finding out why a prospect asks you certain questions will help you learn if something is critical or not.
After listening to the episode, answer this question below in the comment area. “Do you feel there is ever a time when you should say yes to a prospect no matter what?” (Y or N)
Learn why it’s important to be able to tell your prospects no!
MUSIC PROVIDED BY FREESFX
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts |