Are you sick and tired of your mediocre sales performance and are looking for a game change? Well, I guess thats why you listen to The Sales Evangelist podcast and today we have the prefect person who can help you “change the game”. I introduce to you Mr. John Condry. John is a creator, innovator and designer of Management Concepts for today’s technology driven workforce. He is the owner of Connections Basics, a sales consulting firm dedicated to working with technology gifted partners like Brandon Bishop. They also work with reinvention, content creation, coaching, consulting and communicating management concepts that resonate with the current business environment. John has over 24 years of sales experience and he brings all of that knowledge to us today in this amazing interview.
Check out some of the major take aways from our interview.
- Mangers are supposed to be a coach for their sales team.
- Mangers need to treat their top sales performers as their quarter backs and work with them.
- Sales mangers need to be able to support a sellers “plan b” and always be in their corner. (Listen to the episode for John’s definition of a “plan b”).
Four areas of sales all sellers need to have:
- Closing skills
- Marketing & prospecting
- Sales process
- Details, compliance and planing
The problem is no one person is naturally great at all of these. It takes time to develop theses qualities through practice. So this is why John created the “Connection Five” Concept (See outline below):
- Monday: This is the day where everyone is PROSPECTING! You make the most call on this day.
- Tuesday: Setting up and running appointments. (Run the sales process and the mangers protect them)
- Wednesday: Setting up and running appointments. (Run the sales process and the mangers protect them).
- Thursday: Setting up and running appointments. (Run the sales process and the mangers protect them).
- Friday: This is where you are closing business.
Sales people need to get rid of the entitlement factor. Success takes time to accomplished so don’t beat yourself up.
Sometimes sales people try to make themselves look busy by doing tons of random unproductive activities. These unproductive activities allow them to feel good about their performance because it gives off the idea that they are doing something good.
Great quotes from John:
“Leadership is caught, not taught!”-John Condry
“Never outsource your own success as a sales person”-John Condry
“It’s either your plan or you are on someone else’s plan”-John Condry
“How you do anything is how you do everything” -John Condry
MUSIC PROVIDED BY FREESFX
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS