- It has to be close to your niche and mutually beneficial for you to go.
- Spend your time wisely.
- Look at trade organizations where your ideal customers are.
Limit the amount of events you go to
- Less is more.
- Focus on the best ones.
- 2-3 would be ideal.
Be a giver
- It’s not always about you. Don’t be a taker.
- Understand and know everyone in the group that you can possibly bring value to.
- The more you give, you get 10 times the amount in return.
- Look good. Smell good.
- Make sure you have good breath. Bring some mints.
Have a goal
- What do you want to gain from the event?
- Give referrals: Find 3 people you want to connect.
- Build strategic alliances: Find 3 complementary businesses.
- Limit the number of business cards you’re giving out.
Make sure you have a message
- Ask people first. Learn about them. Build relationships.
- Have a message that you can share with them that will grab them.
- Describe who your ideal customers are.
- Describe what specific things you can do to help them.
Bonus: Go! Just go!
- Stop making excuses not to go.
- Find someone you can go to these networking events with.
TSE Episode Sponsor
This week’s episode is sponsored by Her Power Hustle. Check ’em out! They are launching their podcast pretty soon. They focus on resources for entrepreneurial women who crave success. Guys, you could go there too of course. Feel free to like their page.
Sound effects and intro music by: http://www.freesfx.co.uk