During this episode I answer a question frequently proposed to me by our listeners.They’re looking for sales job or preparing for an interview. Many folks ask how can I best prepare for an interview.
Here are some of the things that I recommend:
- Before the interview, find an insider in the company who can get you in contact with the right people and recommend you to those making the decision.
- Research as much as possible about the company prior to the interview.
- Take advantage of tools such as Google Alerts that can gather information about the organization for you.
- Prepare your resume based on what you learn from your insider and the objective of the position you’re applying for.
- Prepare your resume in a way that it tells a story with each bullet point. Make sure to utilize numbers and percentages to assist with the story telling.
- Utilize the Refresh app and LinkedIn to learn about those doing the interview.
- Dress for success and maintain strong confidence in your ability to fulfill the objectives of the role (not arrogance, confidence).
- Be as human as possible and connect with those you are meeting with. (Utilize the Refresh app)
- Ask intuitive questions about the organization based on your research.
- Learn their hiring process.
- Find out what are the next steps.
- Ask for the job!