A quick question – where are your thoughts focused on right now?
Your thoughts are very powerful, they can actually either spell success or failure in your life.
It’s your choice.
Today, we have Curtis Rapp, a professional seller and an award-winning speaker. His current passion revolves around cultivating growth mindset by learning and teaching principles that foster growth in all areas of life.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Curtis:
Challenges Curtis has faced throughout his career:
- Work ethic – putting things in the right sequence
- Curtis found himself in a bad spot where he was down on himself and not having the results he wanted.
- Not having faith and confidence in himself resulting in being weak on the phone
Strategies to change your mindset:
1. Dedicate yourself to learning.
Work with mentors. Listen to podcasts. Read books. Stop thinking you know everything.
2. Be present in the moment.
Focus on your task at hand. Overthinking leads to distraction.
3. Be aware of where you are right now.
Figure out how you can develop that once you know where you’re at.
4. Start journaling.
Put your thoughts down on paper to be in tune of where you are.
Things you can write in your journal:
- Write down three things you’re grateful for.
- Write down your goals in the morning.
- At the end of the day, write more things you’re grateful.
- Write down some sort of results review – what worked today, what was the win, what was the area for improvement.
5. Be a student.
Be a student of meditation. Be a student of writing SMART goals. Be a student of not focusing on you.
6. Shift your mindset looking from a place of abundance.
The Power of Gratitude – Channeling Negative Energy into Positivity
- Instead of focusing on things you didn’t like, shift that focus into things you like.
- What you think about and where you put your intention on is going to show up more in your life.
- Focus on gratitude. Instead of focusing on the gap between “I hate…” and bringing gratitude into your life daily.
- Be grateful for even the smallest things in your life. It makes a ton of difference!
Results Curtis experienced from overcoming these challenges:
Curtis has found his purpose and he now feels he has connected with what he needed to do. This has given him the courage, the energy, and the fuel to just get out there and go after it.
Curtis’ Major Takeaway:
Be aware. Be aware of your thoughts and emotions. Take a second to interrupt what normally happens and just check in with yourself. Then ask yourself how did that go? Or how do you feel about that? What are you thinking about based on this? Once you have awareness, you can start to address things if you need to.
Get connected with Curtis Rapp on Instagram or check out his website on www.CurtisRapp.com.
Curtis has a free gift for you all. He is making a course about changing the words you speak and changing the outcomes you get. Use this to influence your thinking especially if you’re looking to improve your self-belief or self-confidence. Curtis shares some techniques that learned from his mentors and he actually applied and has gotten great results from them. Check out www.curtisrapp.com/tse.
Mindset by Carol Dweck
Unbeatable Mind by Mark Divine
Check out our Facebook Group, The Sales Evangelizers
Join the TSE Hustler’s League.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
What do you like about our podcast? Kindly leave us some rating and/or review on iTunes. This would mean so much to me.