I’m putting myself on the hot seat today as I discuss with you one major sales challenge that I faced and how I overcame it – in fact, raising my price to 130%!
It all comes down to perceived value and education.
Pricing: A Major Challenge
One of the major challenges I’ve had is pricing. I haven’t been making much off of this particular deal. And I learned quickly that I had to increase my rates.
The Perceived Value
So there was this event that I attended. I filled other roles. I provided education. These were not the things initially agreed upon. But because I did so much more than that, I was able to build that trust.
When the second opportunity came, they wanted me back and they wanted to pay me more. Why? Because I’ve initially built that value during that first event.
- Don’t just try to get the deal and have something checked off.
- Recognize the room for growth and the opportunity to build on value.
- Educate them and give them some tips and things they can do right away.
- Don’t be a mere deal-closer to get something on the books (which most sellers do).
- Turn deals into a problem-finding thing. Transition from being transactional into relationship-building.
Your Call-to Action:
Look for some of the challenges or holes in your client’s business. Find problems that you can help solve. Help them to realize some quick wins. When they see that, you’re going to sell more.
Take it from price to adding value!
Star Wars: Bloodline by Claudia Gray
Join the TSE Hustler’s League.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
What do you like about our podcast? Kindly leave us some rating and/or review on iTunes. This would mean so much to me.
Help us spread the word out by leaving us a rating or review on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play or whatever platform you’re using.