During this episode I interviewed Josh Shipp on the subject of developing a service based organization. Josh Shipp is a former at-risk foster kid turned teen advocate. His TV series TEEN TROUBLE (A&E / Lifetime) documented his work with teens in crisis. Josh is the author of “The Teen’s Guide to World Domination“, he was named a CNN Young Person Who Rocks and was listed on INC. Magazine’s 30 under 30 list. He helps adults understand teens & teens understand themselves.
Check out the main points we speak about during this episode:
- Seek opportunities to delight your customer. Do something that is “unexpected” for them.
- When thinking of a service based business to start, look for things that come easy for you and difficult for others to understand.
- When you have a service based organization, think of ways to make it scalable.
- Look for inspiration on ways to grow your business based on what other industries are doing.
- Before you become a business owner, really think about all aspects of the business that you will have to take on.
- Wishful thinking is not a strategy, you must really think about every aspect of your organization.
- Systematize your lead generation as much as possible.
- Learn as much about your client (What makes them buy? or What makes them NOT buy?).
- One way to grow your business is to recall people who did not buy from you and ask them to be brutally honest. Ask them to tell you “WHY” they did not buy from you. Use that information and have your existing buyers give an intentional testimonial regarding the information you found from those who did not buy from you. Don’t run from it, but address is head-on.
Stay Connect With Josh Shipp:
Youth Speaker University
A Year Of Awesomeness